The Phenotiki analysis software can extract the following visual traits from top top-view images of rosette plants.
- Projected Leaf Area (PLA, cm2): area of the plant calculated based on the number of visible plant pixels.
- Diameter (cm): the longest distance between any two points on the boundary of the plant.
- Perimeter (cm): perimeter of the rosette calculated based on the number of boundary pixels.
- Compactness (or solidity): equals 1 for a perfectly solid object and is < 1 for objects with irregular boundaries or holes.
- Stockiness (or form factor): ranges between 0 and 1, where 1 is achieved for a perfectly circular object.
- Leaf count: number of visible plant leaves.
- Relative Growth Rate (RGR, %h-1): measures plant growth between consecutive time instants and is robust to initial differences in size among subjects.
- Color (°): average intensity of the hue component (H) of the HSV (Hue, Saturation, Value) color space, measured in degrees in the range 0 to 360°.